Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Dream

...I awoke from the dream

The cold night now reticent
A dead hand of the past

A hope that light might redeem
What my heart would circumvent
And rid me of this shadow cast

But the dark is not what it seems
I wallow in my lament
And embrace the souls descent
Forever, into the last

Delicate, and on the seam
It's never what I meant
The regret that has amassed,
Not in high esteem,
Consumes my true intent

To acquiesce to life, alas,
I see the greater scheme
And what it represents
But too much time has passed
It's tearing at the seam
Of a reality it so resents

I rest my head upon the glass
Reflecting on the general theme
Of the darkness life presents
Unabashed, and crass
Within a silent scream

Of night, the day discontents
The end, at last,
Would come to pass
Forever, as it so deems

And so to this extent,
By simple contrast,
I slip softly through the seam

So quietly I would relent
And transcend to the last

In death, I forget the dream...


1 comment:

  1. Actually posting your poems for everyone one to see. I'm pleasantly surprised but also intrigued as to what brought about this change...?

    Either way, thanks for sharing. =]

    ReplyDelete